Oktoberfest in Helen GA
Top Five Reasons To Experience Helen, GA’s Oktoberfest
Helen, Georgia is famous for its Bavarian charm. Oktoberfest is held every year from mid-September through the end of October. If you have not visited Alpine Helen during the festival, here is why you simply must:
- Celebration at the Festhalle – “Oompah Bands”, Polka bands, and other musicians with a Bavarian flair play their hearts out, and there's plenty of dancing to go along with it. It runson weekends during the last half of September, and every night during October.
- Bavarian food and beer – If you've never tried classic German fare, Oktoberfest is the perfect time! Grab a schnitzel or bratwurst and wash it all down with a frosty mug of pilsner beer.
- The Annual Oktoberfest Parade – This yearly festivity sums up all there is to love about Oktoberfest. Complete with traditional German garb and music, the parade winds through town and ends at the Festhalle, where the fun continues.
- Helen's autumn weather – Fall is a glorious time to visit the North Georgia Mountains. While it does rain occasionally, the changing leaves and cooler weather are not to be missed. It's the ideal setting for enjoying the fireplace in your cabin.
- Fall colors in the North Georgia Mountains – Be sure to bring your camera, as it really turns gorgeous up here in October. The leaves usually peak between mid and late October, but they put on a show for most of the month.
Helen's Oktoberfest is reputed to be one of the longest-running Oktoberfest celebrations in the world (the original one in Germany lasts for only one week). If you love good beer, good music, and, of course, the Chicken Dance, Alpine Helen is the place to be. Most accommodations for Oktoberfest tend to book up in advance, so be sure to reserve your cabin rental well in advance. We hope to see you there!