Fall Fun in Helen
Top Five Autumn Activities - Fall Fun in Helen, GA
It is no secret that Autumn is one of the most popular times of the year to visit the North Georgia Mountains. Here are five reasons to experience autumn in beautiful Helen, Georgia!
- Oktoberfest - Each year, from mid-September through the end of October, thousands flock to the Bavarian-themed town of Helen, Georgia to dance, drink, and enjoy Oktoberfest. Downtown Helen is all abuzz with live entertainment, food, and events. Come experience Helen's famous Oktoberfest for yourself!
- Leaf Peeping – The North Georgia Mountains are at their most gorgeous in the fall. The weather is usually comfortable for hiking, biking, zip lining, or horseback riding---all fantastic ways to enjoy the colorful leaves. Take a scenic drive along Richard Russell Highway or Historic 197 for especially lovely views, and remember to bring a camera!
- Corn Mazes – There are several corn mazes in the area, popular for all ages. Most also offer other activities like hayrides, bonfires, haunted tours, and even outdoor movies after dark.
- Fall Festivals – From Crushfest at Yonah Mountain Vineyards to the Sautee Jamboree, there’s something for everyone. Large and small festivals are held all over the North Georgia Mountains, and usually include food, arts and crafts, and live entertainment.
- Seasonal Treats – Head to the mountains in Autumn for apples, pumpkins, wine and olive oil tastings, funnel cakes, beef jerky….the list goes on. Bring your appetite and some tote bags!
At the end of a busy day, sit back in your cabin by the fireplace or on the deck and enjoy a cool autumn evening with a backdrop of brightly colored trees. Bundle up in a jacket and roast marshmallows by the fire pit, and plan the next day's fall activities.