Fall Fun in Helen
Top Five Autumn Activities - Fall Fun in Helen, Ga!
It is no secret that Autumn is one of the most popular times of the year to visit the North Georgia Mountains. If you are planning a Fall vacation, here’s some idea of what awaits you near Helen, Georgia!
- Celebrating Oktoberfest - Each year, from Mid-September through the end of October, thousands flock to the Bavarian-themed town of Helen, Georgia to dance, drink, and make merry. Downtown Helen is all abuzz, especially on the weekends, with live entertainment, food, and events. Come and get your German on and see what the excitement is all about!
- Leaf Peeping – The North Georgia Mountains are at their most gorgeous in the fall, with a palette of colors. The weather is usually comfortable for hiking, biking, zip lining, or horseback riding to get out in nature. Or take a scenic drive along Richard Russell Highway or Historic 197. Just remember to bring a camera!
- Corn Mazes – There are several corn mazes in the area, popular with kids and adults. Most also offer other activities, such as hayrides, bonfires, haunted tours, and even movies after dark outdoors.
- Fall Festivals – From Crushfest at Yonah Mountain Vineyards, to the Sautee Jamboree, there’s something for everyone. Large and small festivals are held all over the North Georgia Mountains, and usually include food, arts and crafts, and live entertainment.
- Speaking of food.. that is another reason to head to the mountains in Autumn. Apples, pumpkins, wine and olive oil tasting, funnel cakes, beef jerky….the list goes on. Bring your appetite and some tote bags!
At the end of a busy day, sit back in your cabin by the fireplace or on the deck and enjoy a cool Autumn evening, nestled among a brightly colored canopy of trees. Bundle up in a jacket and roast marshmallows by the fire pit, and plan your activities for the next day.
For more information on the above events and activities, contact the Helen Welcome Center at 800-858-8027, or call us at 706-878-1773, and we’d be glad to help. Or you can follow our blog by email, or on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, and we will post each month what the coming month’s activities are.
We hope you enjoy Helen and the North Georgia Mountains whenever you decide to visit, but what is your favorite Autumn activity?